Potato ale bajji / aloo raita is one of most favorite side dish for rice. Aloo raita is made by mixing boiled potatoes, curd, green chilly, ginger and garnished with chopped coriander. This raita is very delicious and can be tried with steamed rice or biriyani. It comprises of a combination of boiled potatoes and onion along with a thick yogurt dressing of warm spices, flavorings and herbs. Raita not only makes the food appealing, but also make it tastier
- 1 medium sized potato
- 1-2 green chilli
- ½ onion
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 springs coriander leaves
- 1 bowl whisked curd
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of asafoetida / hing
- 1 tsp oil / ghee
- ½ tsp mustard seeds / rai
- ½ tsp split black gram / urad dal
- ½ tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 1-2 red chillies
- Few curry leaves
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Serves|
|5 min||5 min||10 min||2-3|
- Boil / pressure cook the potatoes till they are mushy with a tsp of salt.
- Chop green chillies, coriander leaves, onion and ginger finely. Keep them aside.
- Peel the cooked potatoes and mash it well.
- Take mashed potaoto, chopped onion, ginger, green chilli in a bowl and add whisked curd to it. Mix it well.
- Add whisked curds or buttermilk as per the consistency desired.
- Now add chopped coriander leaves and stir well.
- Heat oil / ghee in a small pan. Add the mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, curry leaves and red chilli.
- When mustard seeds splutter add asafoetida.
- Fry for a minute. Immediately pour the tempering on potato-curds mix.
- Mix it well and serve it hot steamed rice.
Click here to check other Tambuli recipes.