A rich and crunchy peanuts enhanced with sweet jaggery syrup is a real treat to every one at the Ganesh Chaturthi festival. Peanut ladoos / groundnut ladoos are popularly called as kadle unde in Udupi and it is a must sweet during Sri Krishna Janmashtami and Ganesh Chaturthi. In the most houses the sweets along with payasam mainly made from milk (kheer) is prepared and offered to Lord Krishna and Lord Ganesha.
- 2 cup peanuts / groundnuts
- 1½ cup jaggery
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tsp ghee
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Serves|
|30 min||20 min||55 min||10-12|
Lets start the recipe step by step:
- Dry roast peanuts in a tawa until they turn light brown. There will be nice aroma and the skin will start splitting up thats the stage you should remove from flame.
- When it cools down remove the skin from the peanuts.
- If you wish grind the peanuts for a second in a mixer.
- Place the heavy bottom pan with ¼ cup of water.
- Add jaggery to it and bring to boil in the medium flame.
- When the jaggery melts completely, keep stirring and splash few drops if jaggery syrup into a bowl of water. If the jaggery syrup does not dissolve and you are able to make hard ball out of it; then the jaggery syrup is ready.
- Switch off the flame.
- Transfer the peanuts to the jaggery syrup and mix it well. (If you are doing in large quantity; do not add all the syrup at once, its better to add the syrup to small portion. Once you finish making laddos with that portion, continue adding rest.)
- Grease your palm with ghee and take small quantity of ladoo mix and tie a ball out of it. (If the mixture turned to cooled soon then just microwave for 30sec to melt the jaggery syrup and you can easily continue making balls)
- Peanuts ladoos are ready to be served.