Besan ladoo is one of the most common sweets made during every function or special occasions in Udupi. They have the unique taste as they are crunchy and does not stick to your teeth, when you eat them.
The best thing of these besan ladoo is they stay fresh up-to a month.You all can try it and enjoy these delicious ladoo.
- 10-15 cashews
2 cups kadle hittu / besan / gram flour
- 1 tsp bombay rava / semolina rava
1 cup ghee
½ tsp green cardamom powder
2 cups powdered sugar
Lets start the recipe step by step:
- Heat ghee in a kadai and add green cardamom powder.
- Add gram flour, rava and roast on low heat till a nice aroma is given out – for approximately ten minutes. Semolina gives the crunchy texture to the besan ladoo.
- Cut the almonds and cashews to small pieces.
- Transfer roasted gram flour to a bowl and add cut almonds, cashews and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely before adding powdered sugar. Add sugar and mix with your hands.
- Roll into even sized laddoos and decorate with cashews.
- You can store in air tight container after it is cooled.