Tambuli / tambli / tampuhuli in Kannada is part of our everyday meal in Udupi region. This flavored yogurts are prepared with different spices and vegetables. Eating this tambli / flavored curd is healthy and helps in digesting our rest of the meal.
- 6-7 garlic cloves
- 1 cup curd
- 2-3 tsp water
- 1 tsp ghee
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 2 red chilli
- 3-4 curry leaves
- Pinch of asafoetida / hing
- Salt to taste
Lets start the recipe step by step:
- Whisk the curd adding 2-3 tsp of water along with salt to get uniform consistency.
- Cut the garlic into small pieces.
- Heat the pan, add 1 spoon ghee, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida / hing, curry leaves, red chilli and garlic.
- Fry it for few seconds till the mustard seed splutter and the garlic turns crispy and golden brown.
- Transfer the seasonings to the curd.
- Serve it along with hot steamed rice.
Click here to check other Tambuli recipes.